• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

"Bats out of Hell" B25 Mitchell

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 tenmmike

tenmmike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 7 Months and 17 Days
  • 17 topics

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:39 AM

quote:Originally posted by cambike

Yea, you told a son of a veteran of the Air Apaches (The 345thBG). who you think you are honoring by showing images that were produced under duress and then shown without credit to the historians who preserved these images in the first place.
Real smart and like all who take without regard for others really dumb.
If you really care about others then you would make a contribution to one of these veterans or veteran groups or maybe even work with a museum to preserve this history in a worthwhile way.
These images, after all are not awesome. They are tragic and should only be seen as that.
To someone who sees these images otherwise, they are the ones who need help.

you need to lighten up, your father was honored by the original poster by showing his bravery and that of his comrades,and another poster has bought the book, he promoted the book here to aviation enthusiast, the pics ARE awesome, not tragic, they are awesome pics taken in tragic times you should learn the difference, they should be credited to your org there is no doubt, but it was a misake by a guy with no = zero intention other then sharing with us with no malice or intent to do you or your org. harm ,get off your high horse .. as to your "you should contribute to vets or vet org" for some reason it doesn't sound like you are a vet sir .. I am... .. Panama and gulf..in the infantry,,,contribute to vets? check .. i do that ,, contribute to vet orgs.? check .. contribute to military museum? check. contribute to soldiers home check, and VFW check all done and more( like for equipment and other wanted items to our men in iraq and afghanistan ) just last month. you sir are so blinded, that you cannot even tell when your father and his unit are being heralded by a group here that is very small but enthusiastic about the history of your fathers time.
respectfully
Robert Michael Moore..

#22 Trexx

Trexx

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 2 Months
  • 62 topics

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

'nailed it.

I'll add:
Always remember when chastising others to use rules of grammar, correct syntax, and correct spelling. Otherwise you will come across as a hand-wringing-blow-hard-wussy. Here, we may make some exceptions in sentance formulation. You'd have to qualify youself as a non-english speaking person in those cases.

#23 Che_Guevara

Che_Guevara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 3 Months and 2 Days
  • 47 topics

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:27 AM

@cambike

btw welcome aboard and enjoy your time here.

I mean this honest.

Regards,
Che.

#24 Lightning

Lightning

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 5 Months and 11 Days
  • 46 topics

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hi cambike,

If I were you, I'd be very pleased that my father's deeds and bravery, and those of his comrades, were honored by the postings presented here. If you have visited other websites dealing with WWII aviation, you should recognize immediately the comparitive quality of our forums. The people here truly appreciate the history of both the men and machines that fought that war--on both sides.

The posted photographs enriched no one here monitarily, but they did enrich our appreciation of the "Air Apaches". Others who visit this site, many of whom would never have known about your father's unit, will now be aware of its sacrifices and honorable service. For that, you should be glad, as I'm sure your dad would be.

Regards,
Lightning

#25 Double T

Double T

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 1 Month and 24 Days
  • 82 topics

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:12 PM

Lightning:
Very well stated Sir. Your thoughts on the subject obviously mirror my own.
cambike:
I have the utmost respect for the Air Apaches... and I'm proud to include a B-25J--in "Air-Apache" markings--as part of my personal model collection.

Tim

#26 cambike

cambike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 10 Months and 25 Days
  • 0 topics

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:48 AM

Thank you all for your opinions regarding this subject.
I will take them in account.
As a holder of historic materials about the Air Apaches including many hours of interviews with 345th members for which I had to obtain permission for use in an ongoing documentary film.
I only ask that when using these materials that credit is given and when using copyrighted images that you ask permission as I have when assembling my Air Apache site which was the first site on the web in 1997 about the 345th BG.
It is just common courtesy.
As far as groups to contribute to in either personally or financially may I suggest the Yankee Air Museum http://yankeeairmuseum.org They lost their Hangar in a tragic fire last year and truly need much support. Personally I have contributed to them to help restore the turret on the B-25 Yankee Warrior the only flying D model in the USA.
Thanks Again.
Cambike

#27 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 7 Months and 19 Days
  • 289 topics

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:58 AM

Hi cambike,

thank you for your understanding and I now understand your motivation. But I am sorry to tell you that what you ask just can´t be fulfilled by a contributor like me. My postings take a lot of time, because I need that for to search lots of images and text sources all over the net. I have the pride to say that my topics gained some popularity here, and this is due to the fact that I evaluate sources of any kind, without asking permission. I am sorry about this, but what should I do if my request is ignored or denied? This would make my work here impossible.
I could ask for permission if I, like you, created a "permanent" website that doesn´t change for some time, and I would. But if you want to create something new every some half week, you would block yourself in an unacceptable way, also if you consider the "damage" you cause, as I already said in my first contribution in this thread.
Further, in the number of postings here the single one "disappears" more and more as time goes by.

I hope for your continuing understanding.

Regards, RT

#28 Che_Guevara

Che_Guevara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 3 Months and 2 Days
  • 47 topics

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:47 AM

Well cambike I think that you´re a great person. I respect you for take part in the restoration of a B-25. But how can I honor the air apaches?

The only thing I can do as an eighteenyear old boy is to join the Flugzeugmuseum Laatzen http://www.luftfahrt...ites/astart.htm

So if you may visit Hannover, please come to Flugzeugmuseum Laatzen and we will see us probably ;)

#29 SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13 Days
  • 0 topics

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

My grandfather was on the plane in the first image -

take a look at the bat outline on his plane in this photo.

My grandfather is on the left - there were many strafing missions I heard of as well and many more photos in his memory album.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bat.jpg   379.96KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users