Dear Mr. Forman,
or whoever you are, cambike. I am already waiting for the longest time that somebody minds our picture posting habits here. To your claim, anything in this thread is "lifted" illegally, I shall tell you the following. It is my opinion about the subject and I donÂ´t know if this holds during a check before a justice court, but I am sure that every judge commited with this case will carefully listen to my arguments:
1. You mention two websites:http://www.irandpcorp.com
, obviously yours
Both sites have copyright remarks, but no quoting interdiction!
2. Even if they had a quoting interdiction, this is not enough. If it is possible to set a link on the picture, or to download it, the "owner" has to tolerate people doing this. Otherwise he did not protect his property well!
3. If somebody says "copyright", it is still not clear if he is the true owner. There is no copyright in a digitalized copy if the original paper photograph still exists, and the copyright of the digitalization is always in the hands of the holder of the paper original (other materials like film plastic as well). We donÂ´t know if you have the copyright on any of these pictures.
4. If somebody claims a violation of his rights, he must tell which right is violated. If you claim a financial damage by somebody linked on your picture, you must tell how high the damage is, what should be very difficult if just a simple linking happened. It is also necessary that you follow the goal to earn money with your website.
If you donÂ´t do that and claim an ideal damage, you must tell in what the substance of this damage consists. Also very hard to do if not the following No. 5 is true.
5. If you claim a link on a picture was made without giving credit to the original source, this can esily be healed by unveiling the original source. In the case here, our friend Buzz used the original pictures from irandpcorp.com, easily to be seen in the characteristics of the picture. Maybe he should have pointed on the website too, but anyway, his efforts for to do advertising for this book is remarkable. And if you meant the link on the irandpcorp.com website is missing, I made it up above for him, so everybody who likes to buy the book can do it right now.
From your website, I donÂ´t see a single picture quoted here that is not already included in irandpcorp.com.
6. This is an international forum here. It is absolutely unclear which justice system of which state has jurisdiction about those cases. I donÂ´t tell you nothing new when I say that any international prosecution is very costly and takes a lot of time. The justice courts have enough to do with serious internet criminality, when they consider to allow cases of "illegal" aircraft picture posting to be negotiated.
7. So, think over what you want to do, and remember:
- Che did not entangle with you at all
- Buzz violated no crediting rules.
If you say this site is sponsored and you want to share a bit of TagliaÂ´s receipts, you must make clear how big "your" contribution is to this website (in fact, itÂ´s minimal). If you want to sue for stop of linking on your pictures, try your luck. I think we also can offer you to link on other interesting pictures, we donÂ´t need yours.
Sincerely, Romantic Technofreak