• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Reintroduction of the USNAF Pacific paintscheme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 9 Months and 3 Days
  • 112 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

11gjf9z.jpg :-)
  • Ricky likes this

#2 USAF Steve

USAF Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 6 Months and 5 Days
  • 2 topics

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

I haven't flown on a 787 but I am pretty sure I'd be disconcerted looking out at the wings, the way they bend upwards so much.  One thing to know they're designed that way and another to be in the "tube" watching the wings flapping up like that.  

Paint scheme is a bit unusual. 

#3 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 9 Months and 3 Days
  • 112 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

I haven't flown on a 787 but I am pretty sure I'd be disconcerted looking out at the wings, the way they bend upwards so much.  One thing to know they're designed that way and another to be in the "tube" watching the wings flapping up like that.  

Then never look out at take off: The wings on passenger aircrafts hang quite much hence lifts remarkable during acceleration until reaching the point where the fuselage follows upwards :-o

#4 GregP

GregP

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 1 Month and 21 Days
  • 224 topics

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

On some, yes, but not that many. Yes, they DO bend upward a small bit.

I think the 787 is too much flex, and would hate to depend on the metal to composite fasteners after 10+ years in flight. Not sure how ultraviolet affects their structure, myself.

I'll stick with metal airplanes or composite airplanes, but will avoid metal bonded to composite units until I see long-term life.

I have yet to see a metal bonded to composite sailplane wing. It is always all-composite or all-metal, and I sort of trust that. Thinking the same way, every single PC I have owned has locked up at some point while in use. So, I'm not very interested in computer-driven cars, either. I have a feeling that if I had one with Microsoft "Safe Driver" software installed, I'd be dead, and it would not be covered by tech support or warranty. just like my copy of Microsoft Office Pro isn't, either. It is because the damned computer shop where I bought it registered it with an email I don't have, and Microsoft won't change it in their database! So I cannot get support! I bet they'd do the same with ALL items they sell.

So, thanks just the same, I won't get on it if it doesn't have a pilot; preferably ME, but at least a human pilot in the cockpit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users