• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Machii M.C.202 Series IX

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • Joined 4 Years and 2 Days
  • 181 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

Spitfires couldnt roll with it.

The regular wing Spitfire, I agree. The clipped wing Spitfire, only below 350km/h

and then again around 515km/h it became close enough to not make that much difference.

Spitfres suffered with roll issues as they went fast in dive after 190.

It is no secret that the Spitfires regular wing roll rate began to decline after 322km/h.

however youre changing the subject from turning to rolling.

You are absolutely right, sort of:

Well, if you have to turn left or right, I like to ROLL into a bank first to make a tight turn.

But then, that is just me. Maybe you know some pilots who like to just put'er into a horizontal

spin (a dynamic yaw) until they find the direction they want to go.? :huh:  :unsure: 

#42 Laurelix

Laurelix

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 3 Months and 30 Days
  • 12 topics

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Spitfires couldnt roll with it.

The regular wing Spitfire, I agree. The clipped wing Spitfire, only below 350km/h

and then again around 515km/h it became close enough to not make that much difference.

Spitfres suffered with roll issues as they went fast in dive after 190.

It is no secret that the Spitfires regular wing roll rate began to decline after 322km/h.

however youre changing the subject from turning to rolling.

You are absolutely right, sort of:

Well, if you have to turn left or right, I like to ROLL into a bank first to make a tight turn.

But then, that is just me. Maybe you know some pilots who like to just put'er into a horizontal

spin (a dynamic yaw) until they find the direction they want to go.? :huh:  :unsure: 

you can always force the fight into vertical nevause if the enemy doesnt follow, youll be able to slot onto its 6 from above.

Edited by Laurelix, 08 April 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#43 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • 181 topics

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

you can always force the fight into vertical nevause if the enemy doesnt follow, youll be able to slot onto its 6 from above.

You can always take the fight down if you know you will have the advantage.

A superior roll rate works wonders here. If you are in range, never go up. You

won't pull out of range fast enough unless you are being followed by a Blackburn

Roc. :lol:

I know, I'm probably going to get some flack over that statement. -_-

• flying kiwi likes this

#44 Laurelix

Laurelix

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 12 topics

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

You can always take the fight down if you know you will have the advantage.

A superior roll rate works wonders here. If you are in range, never go up. You

won't pull out of range fast enough unless you are being followed by a Blackburn

Roc. :lol:

I know, I'm probably going to get some flack over that statement. -_-

roll will help you evade but when 190 dors get on spitfires tail, spirfire will just outturn and get on 190 tail again. end of story.

Btw im very knowladgable with tanks too. Even the japanese ones )))

#45 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • 181 topics

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:17 PM

roll will help you evade but when 190 dors get on spitfires tail, spirfire will just outturn and get on 190 tail again. end of story.

That's why the 190 pilot pulls the trigger as soon as it gets behind the Spitfire's tail. :)

Edited by CORSNING, 09 April 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#46 Laurelix

Laurelix

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 12 topics

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

That's why the 190 pilot pulls the trigger as soon as it gets behind the Spitfires tail. :)

yeah but i can say, thats why spitfire shoots as soon as it gets behind 190 tail.

Edited by Laurelix, 08 April 2017 - 11:22 PM.

#47 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • 181 topics

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

yeah but i can say, thats why spitfire shoots as soon as it gets behind 190 tail.

BINGO! Now your catching on. As long as the enemy aircraft is in your sights.

Edited by CORSNING, 11 April 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#48 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • 181 topics

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

It just dawned on me, the spitfire will roll into the turn. I have not read enough pilot reports

to make a conclusive statement. However, at certain speeds the Fw 190A had a dramatic

advantage of roll over the Spitfire. This is more a question than it is a statement; I wonder

if the roll advantage was enough to allow the Fw-190 pilot to get off a short burst? In any

event the Fw could simply split-S and leave the scene as was its standard maneuver. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users