• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

FAVORITES

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 1 Month
  • 183 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

WINE

I have heard all that crap about drinking white wine with steak and/or cheese,

read wine with fish and either can go with ham, blah, blah, blah blah.....etc. :wacko:  :rolleyes:

I have been given a glass of wine in the past from friends stating, "It is $30...

$100 a bottle. :huh: It all pretty much tasted like, <_< I'm trying to think of a way to be

kind, 100 year old sewer swamp to me. I just said thank you and gulped it when

they weren't looking if I could. It is usually best to be standing near a sink drain

or open window when that happens. B) Well anyway, this lead me to become

inquisitive in the quest for a good wine that was not going to cost me more than

a case of good beer.

A special note at this time must be verbalized. At the time of this quest my

wife had just quit her job a bartender to follow her dream of having her own

cleaning business, which she has been doing quite well with for the past 4+ years.

All that means is, she was giving up beer and needed to find another beverage

of choice. Since we both enjoyed wine (me way more than her), we went on

a quest to find good affordable wines. The following is what we came up with.

She likes to alternate red and white wine, one glass limit each night. That  

means she will have one glass of red tonight and one glass of white tomorrow

night. The choices she has decided on are red; Barefoot brand Sweet Red Blend

and Barefoot brand Riesling ;). We have tried many brands of Riesling but no

other brand, I don't care cost, even comes close. $5.99 each. :) It is without a

doubt the best sweet wine I have ever tasted, warm or chilled. :wub:

Oh me? I drink Franzia's Crisp White because it is good (not as good as 

Barefoot Riesling) and costs $15.99 for 5 litres. :)   AND I'II drink it with

whatever the #ell I want to  :)

That's it, I'm done for now....time for a glass of wine.

Edited by CORSNING, 04 April 2017 - 07:55 PM.

#42 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 1 Day
  • 108 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

I'm afraid there, litteraly, is a world in difference, as I have unrestricted access to wine of all nationalities at equal prices, wich I presume isn't the same in the US(?).
As I prefer a beer to any white Wine I'm not to the sweet redwines either. As I dont like the heavy (ex Spanish) redwines neither My taste goes on light and easy drinkable types.
French Macon was My favourite for long, but at a point long time ago I decided to drop French wine in anger over the continous nuke testings in the pacific and found Chilean wines being just My taste. The other alternative Wine nations: USA, Australia and South Africa produces mostly wines too heavy for Me.
Like for the French ones, I've dropped Italian wines long time ago, when they experienced a scandal of lacing with Methanol, but My Brother in law are quite tifosi around most Italian stuff (based in motorbikes and cars) and have jumped on a wave with posh Italian brands like Amarone wich I find drinkable but not much more than that. However the brand have been involved in some forgeries here in DK of wich I'm too polite to inquire My brother in law about ;-) Truth is though that many have been caught in their posh wine snobbery as it showed that the forged brands was nothing but average wines being 'labelled-up' :-o
Ten years ago, or more, did a newspaper article describe the re introduction of an almost forgotten Sicilian grape: Nero d'Avola, and as Lidl showed to have that to a fair price I tried it and was found of it even though it is quite heavy.

However, good tastning wine surely depends more on the mood under wich it's drinked than the judgement by any feinschmecker judge. It's a typical fault to buy the wine that tastes really good at ones vacational destination and then later experience it really just is a less than average wine when opened for a good dinnner at home!
And finally a fact that a redwines mostly tastes better the day after, than when opened for a dinner. It's about air/Oxygene maturing the fluidum, a fact that Bag-In-Box wine drinkers cheat themselves of!

Edited by Armand, 04 April 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#43 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • 183 topics

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

I have no idea what you just said. :)  But it sounded like I should probably agree.

I still have not tasted any wine anywhere better than Barefoot Riesling....but then

that is just my personal taste. ;)

#44 Ricky

Ricky

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 6 Months and 2 Days
  • 138 topics

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

All wine = horrendous.
I would claim it tastes like vinegar, but I quite like drinking vinegar in small amounts

#45 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • 183 topics

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

How-To-Make-Beer-Vinegar-using-50W-IPA-5

:wub: .............. :rolleyes:

Edited by CORSNING, 05 April 2017 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users