• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade to Secure HTTPS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 15 Years, 10 Months and 29 Days
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Hi,

I am working to upgrade the forum so that it will be available as a default over a secure connection (HTTPS)

This is usually visible in your browser bar - For example in Google Chrome you will see a green padlock icon and the "Secure" wording.

What does this mean?

Keeping it simple, it means that when you write and post content on this forum, it will be transmitted in encrypted format over the public internet. This means that, generally speaking, people cannot spy on your content. T

This is probably not very important for the discussions itself (which are public already) - but it is quite important when you type your e-mail address (which you may not want someone to "steal" while the data transits between your computer and this website) or even your passwords.

If you are still confused, have a look at this video. It's a bit old but it explains it quite simply. We never ask credit card information anyway here on warbirdsforum, or sell anything, but it still applies to your personal information such as e-mail and passwords.

Hey! Some pages do not have the green lock? Is it safe?

In most cases, it is very liklely be that the forum users have inserted external resources in posts (such as images) that do NOT support SSL/TLS (i.e. linked via HTTP and not HTTPS). The browser therefore will alert you that some of the content on the page did not come over an encrypted tunnel, so it's generally deemed "unsafe". It's nothing to worry about in most cases.

Remember: at warbirdsforum, we never ask you to disclose publicly personal details, credit cards or other financial data in any case. The only data we store about you is the details you provided voluntarily when you registered to participate to the forum, or that you update on your public profile.

What do I have to do?

NOTHING. Continue to enjoy the forum as before. If you run into issues, please let me know and I will look into it.

Safe browsing everyone!

• Ricky, CORSNING, Armand and 1 other like this

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users