• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Greenhouse effect?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Rick65

Rick65

Registered Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 29 Days
  • 1 topics
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

What plane had the longest glass canopy?

Nominations, Sea Wolf, Martin 139,and from me Nakajima C6N Saiun (Myrt)

#12 Ricky

Ricky

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 6 Months and 2 Days
  • 138 topics

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

He115 has to be in the mix.

#13 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 9 Months and 13 Days
  • 293 topics

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

WOW! I did not even consider the carousel effect. Nice eye RT.

Thank you Jeff! :)

Everything's better than all right inside the Isetta as far as I'm concerned.

Well, inside this Isetta here, you can see three things which are in a proper state:

1) The steering equipment, which is not of much concern for the further discussion.

2) The beautiful girl. It honours you to love your wife, but that does not mean you need to ignore all other appearances of that kind.

3) The bench seat. We used to call the little car "Knutschkugel" (= "canoodling bubble"). Its bench seat is big enough to fulfill that purpose.

Also please consider people in Germany sometimes drove that car for 600 km a day, thus crossing half the country. Owners were never unsatisfied with these kind of cars, only others kept on baiting, but probably only for pure envy.

I am not exactly sure about other bombers, but possibly the Martin B-10 is the only one which can use the frontal armament to fight an enemy approaching from the rear (picture from Poor Old Spike's photobucket):

6565646164656361.jpg

I mean the Japanese project also included the idea to replace the frontal gun by a fire engine, so the could inflight water the rear weed compartment by pouring the water over the cockpit. I also don't know exactly what kind of weed they wanted to grow. Looks like the army preferred rice, while the navy wanted tea. Probably the discussion did not come to a close until the war was over.

The Messerschmitt cockpit is side-hinged causing troubles for new owners who drove forwards into their garage and found themselves caught in the cockpit hitting the ceiling and realising the vehicle couldn't drive out again as it hadn't any reverse gear :-o

Looks like even the Belgian solution would not help: :(

https://www.youtube....h?v=n_-lVgbV5mY

I mean a comparison between the Triumph Spitfire and the Messerschmitt Kabinenroller is a bit unfair, unless you place the Messerschmitt's engine into the Triumph's compartment. For continuing the all-time British-German rivalry, there should be a proper British contender to the Kabinenroller. What about the Peel P.50? See the most hilarious car test I have ever seen (wonder how they drive the car inside the building, the engine is not running, of course):

https://www.youtube....h?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo

Nowadays, Clarkson, May and Hammond are the funniest entertainers in German tv. I lol every time I watch them. Hope you also enjoyed.

Regards, RT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users