• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

16 months at the frontline - Story retold repeatedly for nearly 100 years

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 24 Days
  • 113 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

I always love the music when it was fun. Uma Paloma Blanca is a perfect example. Swamp
Witch by Jim Stafford another. Juanita and the Kids by Ray Stevens. :)  :P  :D  :lol:

The radio of my workshop screams to beat the average noise level. My preferred station is with Classics as the general choise of music and this week have the group Middle Of The Road from the early 70's seen re-invention, wich have been to My great delight!
In general it have been a dissapointing day if both ABBA and The Beatles haven't been broadcasted during workhours!
Once did the DJ urge listeners to Text-in music wishes, but to me is it the unexpected oldies occurence that is the force of this/such station(s)

#32 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 23 Days
  • 187 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

A few years ago I played music at one of the local establishments for about five years while my wife 

was a bartender. 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's rock-n-roll was my specialty. So was modern US country

music of the same time period. I expanded here and there at times. It was absolute fun. Someday I

hope to get a CD recorder for my Stereo system. Some of the first recordings that I would do would

be from Elvis Presley recordings of the early/mid 1960s. The Beatles might be next. ABBA always good,

Does Your Mother Know? John Fogerty (CCR) would be high on the list along with ELO.

I believe it is time to quit being off topic. I could really expand on this subject if someone chose to do

so.

#33 Chino Kid

Chino Kid

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 5 Months and 21 Days
  • 9 topics

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

Nah, that looks more like the Sopwith Slug to me. :)

Close...apparently there actually was a Sopwith Snail.  I imagine the Slug would have better performance without the shell.

And don't fly either of them near the Bonneville Salt Flats!

#34 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 1 Month and 5 Days
  • 298 topics

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Does Your Mother Know?

She should!

The Beatles might be next.