• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Boeing B75 lost

Boeing B75 Crash Balled it up Bad landing Planes of fame

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SteveY

SteveY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 2 Months and 25 Days
  • 1 topics

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

Ohh wow how sad that these guys keep doing this to these airplanes. The flame house has struck again. Where warbirds go to die.

http://fox5sandiego....illespie-field/

Attached Files

• SteveY likes this

#2 GregP

GregP

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 11 Months and 18 Days
  • 224 topics

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

This aircraft has been a mainstay at the "Planes of Fame Air Museum" for many years and is even now being restored. It was the biplane used at the beginning of the 2000 movie "Pearl Harbor."

Steve Hinton said that this aircraft experienced a huge gust of wind right at touchdown. The pilot reacted quickly and correctly, but just as he was about to get the wheel back on the runway, he encountered a ditch that flipped the Stearman. As you read this, our Stearman is being restored. It is going slowly, mostly due the sheer number of project being worked right now, including a Bearcat, but will fly again for the museum.

I'll have pics when it flies again. Everyone rest assured this baby will commit aviation again in the future. It is plain old fun to fly as this one has the 450 HP radial up front.

#3 Chino Kid

Chino Kid

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 1 Month and 28 Days
  • 9 topics

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:54 AM

The tenor of the OP's post struck me when I first read it, as a bit of snark...the fact is, the more you fly the more chances something will happen. I'm glad this one will return. It's always a shame when a rare bird is lost for good due to a tragic accident like that last Mustang crash at Reno, and it's a double shame when it is lost to something frivolous like air racing. But overall I'd personally rather see these birds flying than languishing in dingy museums never to be flown again.

• Armand likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Boeing, B75, Crash, Balled it up, Bad landing, Planes of fame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users