• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Of Flight, Polk City 2005

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 24 Days
  • 113 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Until now, I've emptied my puicture-folder of museum-trips, but I remembered that I should have some among the vacational pictures too:

The Mrs. and I went to Miami FL for Our 2005 holiday and like She had a wish of seeing Disneyworld I had a wish of experience somewhat flight-related whilst being in the nation wich alledgely invented manned motorised flight.

As the trip was planned on the web (big decission for us at that time), so was the surf for aircraft-stuff and one star shined bright through the www: Fantasy of Flight.

Sadly is the pictures taken with Armand-cam ver.1.0 wich showed to have its shattering-troubles in weak light and only too late we learned the lesson of supporting the 'cam somehow at bad conditions :-(

First picture is Off Topic, but serves to prove that the Mrs and I are survivors of Katrina (wich aparently 'just was a hurricane' in Miami):

Attached File  Et af KATRINA's ofre på Collins av..jpg   110.58KB   0 downloads

Next two pictures is from the workshop on site:

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk City - genopbygningsværkstedet, a.jpg   134.33KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk City - genopbygningsværkstedet, b.jpg   115.25KB   0 downloads

#2 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • 113 topics

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

I'm not much into bi-planes, but the Liberator is undoubtly and the Atlantic crosser of Mr. Lindbergh is the real stuff as I noticed that it was dismantled and shipped to Paris this spring to be a part of the 100-year anniversary of Paris-Le Bourget airport! :
Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk City - Udstillingen, a.jpg   131.73KB   0 downloads

IIRC we have a Sunderland afficinado among us!?
Its a nice plane: It have taken the F4F/F6F (I cant determine wich from this angle - Perhaps the wing-folding is the clou!?) under its wings ;-)
(Edited: A second look determines it have the trellis-undercarriage of the F4F!)
Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk City - Udstillingen, b.jpg   150.6KB   0 downloads

Actual this P-51 ought to be disqualified due to blurryness, but the detail of tight fuselage, as the oilpan is placed under the cooler-compartment is remarkable IMO ;-)
Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, c.jpg   76.23KB   0 downloads

This dizzy picture survives likely because of the presence of Yours sincerely. Additional The lovely little Fokker behind, is another reason.
The owner of the museum, Kermit Weeks was said to be wery keen about originality and several posters showed WW2 veterans surprised by the fact that the planes wasn't just replica-decorated, but in fact their old plane in original colouring. However, the decoration of this 'Indian Princess' on the B-24 was told to break the rule as it should be portraiting Mrs. Weeks :-)
Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, d.jpg   69.88KB   0 downloads

Another 'part of my blind spot -biplane' :-(
Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, g.jpg   66.09KB   0 downloads

Edited by Armand, 26 May 2016 - 03:54 PM.

• SteveY likes this

#3 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 23 Days
  • 187 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

My favorite picture is of the gorgious red head right after she used the limits of her red head temper to rip that tree out of its socket. :)

#4 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • 113 topics

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:41 PM

Another P-51. This one with teardrop canopy:

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, i.jpg   81.53KB   0 downloads

A P-40 with prolonged cockpit for passenger use.

Since the oldie it isn't a biplane I might reckognize it as the Fokker 'Eindecker'!?

In the background a Piper Cub being pushed out for external display.

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, j.jpg   108.58KB   0 downloads

This should have focused more on the balcony where a replica of the German vertical launched rocket interceptor: Bachem Natter, and a (likely reproduction?) V1 rocket, is situated.

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, k.jpg   129.96KB   0 downloads

Edited by Armand, 11 September 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#5 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • 113 topics

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

The B-25 from up'n behind:

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, l.jpg   119.65KB   0 downloads

A B-24 Liberator was shoehorned in between the others. Its remarkable that even that fits under the wing of the Sunderland :-o

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, m.jpg   100.44KB   0 downloads

A Blurry B-26, just to finish the cronology ;-)

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk city - Udstillingen, n.jpg   83.85KB   0 downloads

The Piper Cub lined up for a little show where an 8- year old girl seemingly was caught in the plane when the strap around the rearwheel broke during 'engine test' (She piloted it very well!):

Attached File  Flymuseum i Polk City , opvisning. En 8-årig ved roret, a.jpg   83.08KB   0 downloads

Edited by Armand, 11 September 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#6 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • 113 topics

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

My favorite picture is of the gorgious red head right after she used the limits of her red head temper to rip that tree out of its socket. :)

Dont mess with Mrs. Armand ;-)

Actual it was Her idea about Miami as US vacational target, where I just as well would joy the mood of New Orleans - Praise the Lord that She got Her wishes fullfilled =:-o

Edited by Armand, 11 September 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#7 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 16 Years, 4 Months and 18 Days
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your pics Armand!

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#8 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 23 Days
  • 187 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

Dont mess with Mrs. Armand ;-)

Actual it was Her idea about Miami as US vacational target, where I just as well would joy the mood of New Orleans - Praise the Lord that She got Her wishes fullfilled =:-o

Amen brother, amen, Jeff :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users