• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Tech. Museum At Sinsheim, Germany

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 10 Months and 13 Days
  • 294 topics

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

Some little corrections and remarks:

- The "Antonov" from "Bulgarian Air Transport" is an Ilyushin Il-14.

- The Fiat G 91 was not the "first fighter" of the Bundesluftwaffe, it was employed as bomber.

- The "orange thing" is a Lamborghini Miura.

Armand, I hope you were not sent out from the museum for wetting the ground. Next time you better enter the museum in diapers. :o

BTW-1, if ever anybody wanted me as companion for visits in Sinsheim [sic] or Oberschleissheim, I have to say both are quite a distance from my place. But it could be done in a one-day-trip.

BTW-2, when I have to read "JU-57", some part of my body also gets wet. The eyes.

Regards, RT

#12 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 1 Day
  • 111 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

Some little corrections and remarks........
......BTW-1, if ever anybody wanted me as companion for visits in Sinsheim [sic] or Oberschleissheim....
Regards, RT

Thanks for the proof-reading - I'll immediately correct!
The Miura have followed Me in my thoughts since I was presented to it on the dedicated last page of a monthly comic book wich contended a mix of 'boys comics' focused on vehicles, however this was my first meeting mano Y mano and I was surprised by the (lack of) height :-o

I've been at 'Museuminsel' in Munic two times. At the first visit in Y2K most of the aviation display was explained placed in Augsburg, wich was my aim for the second visit years after, however at that time I wasn't able to find anything about an airmuseum in Augsburg :-(
Was Augsburg a kind of storage display meanwhile Oberschliessheim was rised?

The cheapest and best way to get to Munic from DK (and Germany along the A7) is 30€ (each way) with the night train, making the one-day trip absolutely possible as one dont need to consider to be able to drive home afterwards (plans already forms for Oberschliessheim, but the Panzer-Museum in Munster is first in the row !).
However I've once made a 1000km trip to Mulhouse on 3 days between Christmas and Newyear: One day of transportation southwards; one day on the (extreme big) automobile-museum and one day homewards on the Autobahn. 3 persons in the car and Dieselcosts of less than 140€ was quite affordable travelling costs and hotels was cheap for the period!

New assigment: Wich four-propellar airliner is it in front of one of the Concorde-pic's? For some reason Canberra lies on my tongue and blocks further thinking :-(

Edited by Armand, 06 September 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#13 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 10 Months and 13 Days
  • 294 topics

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

Was Augsburg a kind of storage display meanwhile Oberschliessheim was rised?

No idea about Augsburg. I mean they had some aircraft at the Museumsinsel before, but when ney needed space, they transferred everything to Oberschleissheim [sic]. A WWII nightfighter base to defend Munich, now "Flugwerft (flight marshalling yard) Deutsches Museum".

The cheapest and best way to get to Munic from DK (and Germany along the A7) is 30€ (each way) with the night train, making the one-day trip absolutely possible as one dont need to consider to be able to drive home afterwards

I mean a one-day-trip from my place near Nürnberg (which is also nice to see) back and forth.

New assigment: Wich four-propellar airliner is it in front of one of the Concorde-pic's? For some reason Canberra lies on my tongue and blocks further thinking :-(

It's a Vickers Viscount. Saw one personally, approaching München-Riem. 47 years ago.

Regards, RT

• Armand likes this

#14 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • 111 topics

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

It's a Vickers Viscount. Saw one personally, approaching München-Riem. 47 years ago.

Regards, RT

Offcourse it is! TNX!
Regarding correcting, I have to confesses that the (CASA?) Heinkel 111 started being a JU-88, however I managed to spot the fail by myself ;-)

Nürnberg: The closest I've been is a night stopover in Uffenheim enroute for Milano/Monza ;-)

#15 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • 111 topics

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

The Miura have followed Me in my thoughts since......

Talking about the devil - Look at an advert that passed My TV screen just minutes ago:
http://youtu.be/F69lU6OzA6Q
:-o

#16 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months
  • 184 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

WOW Armand, wait till I tell the mermaids about that post. :P  Brother, you are going to be spending the rest of the night (week maybe) in the garage if your wife finds out. :lol:  Mums the word. nobody's getting any information out of these lips, not even the mermaids. :ph34r:  Jeff

#17 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • 111 topics

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:13 PM

Exterior aircraft of the museum Sinsheim
Remark: The DC-3 is partly converted into a slide for the youngsters by the tube leading out from the lower part of the cockpit and passing through the rooftop of a building :-o
attachicon.gifDSC01279.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

#18 Armand

Armand

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • 111 topics

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

I think this is a Spanish CASA-version of the Heinkel 111 :-/
attachicon.gifDSC01335.jpg

It have come to my knowledge that like for the Spanish built Messerschmitt 109 does the position of the exhaust stacks tell whether it's a German built Heinkel (with the up-side-down Daimler Benz engine, hence low positioned stacks), or Spanish built CASA (with traditional upright Hispano-Suiza V12 engines.with higher positioned stacks.
Though this one seems stripped for the engines including the stacks, is the cut-out in the cowling positioned high, hence Spanish built CASA!

#19 Stony

Stony

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 11 Months and 26 Days
  • 8 topics
  • LocationThe Right side of the Dutch/German Border

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

The CASA 2.111's  were originaly fitted with Jumo's but when those engines got difficult to come by after 1945 CASA began to use Merlin 500's instead.

CASA re-engined some of the already flying Jumo 2.111's but most of the Merlin engined 2.111's were newly buildt.

So those Heinkel clones never flew with Hispano Suiza engines...

BTW, this particular CASA is the Spanish AF B.21-82 and has been at Sinsheim since 1986

Edited by Stony, 11 June 2017 - 09:05 AM.

• Armand likes this

All Photo's are made by me unless stated otherwise. Re-use with full credit only.

https://www.facebook.com/stonyaviationpublishing/

http://stonyaviation.weebly.com/

http://aerialvisuals.ca/

Instagram: @stony_avpub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users