• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Rolls Royce Merlin Mk 61

engine Rolls-Royce Blueprints Supermarine Spitfire Drawings Merlin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samthe0ne

samthe0ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 2 Years and 16 Days
  • 1 topics

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:30 AM

Im a simple hobby engineer from Sweden that are "in love" with the Supermarine Spitfire and its powerplant Rolls-Royce Merlin. And since my plan is to take a course in 3D-engineering next year, I want to draw up this wonderful Engine in Solid Works. However, they are near to impossible to find on the internet and I havent yet been able to get in touch with Rolls-Royce or Packard Motor Car Company to buy a set of copies from them (all the details, down to the last nut and bolt). Now today I was on the google, as many times Before and searched for "Rolls-Royce Merlin forum" and found this page and registered me.

This leads to my simple inquiery: is there anyone in here that has these drawings/Blueprints, and are willing to share them with me? It would be a shame to let these plans disappear from the collective engineering Community since the legacy is SO thick for this Engine.

Attached File  Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 Back Isometric.jpg   112.83KB   0 downloads

#2 GregP

GregP

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts
  • Joined 14 Years and 20 Days
  • 224 topics

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

The real set of plans is rather closely guarded by Rolls Royce. Good luck.

But if you look in the engines forum, you can find the overhaul manual with lots of good views.

Not sure if a 61 is there, but a 2-stage definitely is ... probably a V-1650-3 or -7.

#3 samthe0ne

samthe0ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 1 topics

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:14 AM

The real set of plans is rather closely guarded by Rolls Royce. Good luck.

But if you look in the engines forum, you can find the overhaul manual with lots of good views.

Not sure if a 61 is there, but a 2-stage definitely is ... probably a V-1650-3 or -7.

Ok, crap (if you excuse my expression). I do have the Rolls-Royce Merlin owners workshop manual from Haynes, and do see some plans in that book, mostly for installation, and as I said, been in Contact with R-R heritage trust fund and asked them for the plans but they havent answered me yet. The best Luck I've had thus far is to search for them on Ebay where there seems to be one person that has the plans on DVD, for sale. I just havent given up on the other ways yet :P

#4 Kutscha

Kutscha

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 8 Months and 20 Days
  • 116 topics

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

Sam, have you tried here, http://www.enginehistory.org/

#5 samthe0ne

samthe0ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 1 topics

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

@Kutscha, Yes, Ive been at that site, and read its content on the Merlin, and, if I remember correctly even tried to contact them, but havent got any reply as of yet. The best result Ive got in my endevour is this search on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item419b60f33band Im very tempted to buy it despite my low budget. But, IF anyone jumps at it Before me Im not mad about it, just demanding that they are willing to share the drawings with me, and I will, in that case share my progress of the model in Solid Works in this thread, for everyone to see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, Rolls-Royce, Blueprints, Supermarine Spitfire, Drawings, Merlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users