• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

German And Allied Aces Ww2

GOTTHREAD

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 3 Months and 30 Days
  • 18 topics
  • LocationTyne and Wear, United Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

Just like to add after my research into WW2 Aces from Both German And Allied Airforces.
Gunther Rall (Luftwaffe) 275 Aerial Victories.
Erich Rudorffer (Luftwaffe) 222 Aerial Victories. (12in ME262)
Hans-Joachim Marseille (Destroyed the most Western Allied Aircraft of any German Pilot)
Heinz Bar (Luftwaffe ) 220 aerial Victories (16 in ME262)
Heinrich Ehrler (Luftwaffe) 208 Aerial Victories (8in ME262)
Theodor Weissenberger (208 Aerial Victories (8 in ME262)
Walter Schuk 206 Aerial Victories (8 in ME 262)
Adolf galland (Luftwaffe) 104 Aerial Victories (7 in ME262)
Helmut Lent (Luftwaffe) 110 Aerial victories (Night Fighter Pilot 102 Kills)
Werner Molders (Luftwaffe 101 Aerial Victories (+14in the Spanish civil war)1St German pilot to reach 100 victories
Kurt Weller ( Luftwaffe) 63 aerial victories (56 kills as a night fighter pilot , 20+kills in a Me 262 ,may be the best ever German jet fighter ace).
Russell Bannock (Royal Canadian Airforce) 25 aerial Victories (inc 19V1 Rockets)
Bransome Arthur Burbridge (RAF) 21Aerial Victories (Top Night Fighter Ace of RAF)
Richard I Bong (USAAF) 40 Aerial Victories to his credit.(Top U.S. ACE)
Marmaduke PAT Pattle (South African Airforce )40 aerial Victories ( Top Gladiator Ace Possibly 50 + Kills as Records indicate.)
David McCampbell (U.S. Navy) 34kills to credit ( Top U.S. Navy Ace)..
Clive Cauldwell (RAAF) 28 confirmed kills (Top P40 Fighter Ace )
George F Buzz Burling (Canadian Airforce) 31 confirmed kills.
The above list is my contribution ,hope you find it interesting .
Cheers guys best regards Keith......

#2 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 16 Years, 2 Months and 1 Day
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

Hi Keith - thanks for sharing this. I have moved the topic from GOT to the main WWII section, hope you don't mind! Cheers, Paolo

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • 18 topics

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hi Paolo, thank you much appreciated for that,I'm going to try and post pictures of the military vehicle collection at North East Aicraft Museum,
Cheers KeithAttached File  image.jpg   191.85KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   110.44KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   101.96KB   0 downloads
  • CORSNING likes this

#4 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 6 Days
  • 184 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

Nice Keith. The came out way large when I clicked on them but they were still great. I wish I had the knowledge to tell

you how to bring them to a good size by I'm still very illiterate on posting pictures. The only reason I am able to post

pictures over on the USAF MUSEUM thread is because one of my son's friends set it all up so it was idiot proof.

Jeff :blink:

#5 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 7 Days
  • 111 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Aces are above 5 kills!
Sadly You stopped at 31 kill -aces, because already at 17 kills starts the first bomber-gunners to appear on the listings :-o
https://www.warhisto...mage-heavy.html

#6 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 6 Days
  • 184 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub 62+ kills. Anyone know where I'm going with this?

#7 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • 18 topics

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

Thanks armand for the link regarding air gunners,very interesting read,totally forgot about those guys,much appreciated for the link many thanks .
All the best Keith .

#8 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • 18 topics

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

Ivan nikitovich kozhedub, I read alittlle about this guy, but there's another but can't remember his name at present,same nationality though! But what I read was that either kozhedub or the other guy downed 3 P51s , along with the 62 aerial kills that were documented.
Anyway thanks for the info,I'm going to research this topic further .
All the best Keith .

#9 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • 18 topics

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

Hi Jeff , re-the photos, I do apologise for the size, I haven't worked out yet how to reduce the size,but I'm working on it .once again many apologies .
God bless .keith

#10 GregP

GregP

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts
  • Joined 14 Years and 25 Days
  • 224 topics

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

Here's my Ace list. Incomplete but fairly broad anyway. I still need to add maybe 6 - 8 more countries that have a few pilots who achieved some victories.

I also have a complete German claims file, as complete as I can find anyway ... and it does not agree entirely with the "official" scores. It has 68,000+ records. I haven't zipped it so I don't know if it is less than 2 Mb, but this attached list is a pretty good summation of WWII's aerial victory list from an "official" standpoint. I don't think we'll ever know for sure, and the definition of a victory changes with the decades.

As for the USA, I decline to reduce Greg Boyington's victories to 22. So do the US Marines. But I acknowledge his total was 22 when flying for the USA. His score was 28 iof you include all victories during the conflict and events leading up to the conflict in China. If you don't, then 22 is his US-alone victory count.

Personally, I believe if a pilot shoots another one out of a battle and causes him to force-land, bail-out or crash, whether fatally or non-fatally, the pilot who did the shooting gets a victory, at LEAST for that mission/fight.

Some people think if any part of the plane is recovered and flies again in another plane as a repair, it is not a "kill." I think these people are wrong. There is no WWII / WWII / Korean War / any OTHER war plane with weapons sufficient to completely destroy an aircraft unless it burn out as a hulk. If the pilot made an enemy pilot fail in his mission by crashing orforce landing, he should get credit for it.

Some say if the enemy pilot lives, there is no "kill" since he can fly again. To me, if he is shot out of the fight, the shooter should get credit for it whether or not he faces the same enemy again.

These things are somethimes very personal and can heated and emotional. These are just my own opinions and there is NO reason to get heated, sarcastic, or otherwise. My opinions don't constitute the official stand of any government or Air Force as far as I know.

If you feel differently, then post it and tell us your views of when a victory / kill should and should not be awarded.

Let's maybe generate some discussion rather than an argument.

Enjoy the file. Somehow, these totals seem VERY difficult to find and get. I have been looking for 20+ years and this is as far as I got to date. Things like this should NOT be hard to find at all, but rather should be public knowledge. We pay taxes and support governments. Why shouldn't we have access to the data after the war? It is hardly "classified" to the other side. I guarantee THEY know about it. SOMEONE surely missed the plane and pilot who didn't return ...

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOTTHREAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users