• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Accept as Best Answer feature

howto answer solved best

Best Answer Ricky , 12 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

All we need now is a 'partial answer' button and a 'worst answer' button! :P

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 15 Years, 11 Months and 1 Day
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hi all

I just wanted to highlight an useful feature of the forum that not everyone may have noticed. It is possible to mark a certain post as the "Best Answer" (see at the bottom right of each message)

post-205-0-55748100-1407787474.png

By doing so you are recognizing the most accurate answer within a topic you started and this serve many purposes:

• It tells the author of the answer that they have helped you, which is a nice thing  :)
  • It highlights the "Best Answer" in the topic so that other users can find immediately the information
  • It includes an "Answered" label in the main board view, with a shortcut to the answer

Not all the topic will have an use for this feature (for example, an open discussion where a definitive answer doesn't actually exist) but for some others it can be really helpful. As an example, I have marked Kutscha's excellent answer here as the "Best Answer" (not to say that Ricky was really close too!!)

I hope you will find this information useful!

Attached Files

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#2 Ricky

Ricky

• Moderators
  • 2,967 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 4 Months and 8 Days
  • 138 topics

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:45 AM   Best Answer

All we need now is a 'partial answer' button and a 'worst answer' button! :P

#3 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 6 Days
  • 179 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

Everyone please excuse me for bringing up an old topic. I actually could not help myself. Greg brought up a good point about the lack of activity as of late on this site. So I started looking up some of the older topics and low and behold there were several that had not been totally answered or properly ended. So.... in this case we need to incorporate the 'Most Vague" button. I actually would have pushed the "Least Applicable"  button for Ricky's suggestion, but I couldn't find it.

Jeff :rolleyes: .................................................................Yea, that's right. Here we go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: howto, answer, solved, best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users