• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

GOT & GOTTREAD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 6 Days
  • 113 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I should mean that I read and speak english quite good, but when it comes to shortenings it often gets hard for me.
At the time its the mening of GOT and GOT-TREAD that I can't coop - Please enlighten me!

#2 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Joined 14 Years and 18 Days
  • 297 topics

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Years ago, our contributor Greg Pascal *GregP* had an idea to tell stories about lesser known, "obscure" aircraft types. During that time, Wikipedia was just in the beginnings, so it was often difficult to get concentrated information about these types. I thought to myself, this is a good idea, let's see if I can gather the necessary information, even if I have to do translations from languages I don't speak, like Polish, Russian and Italian.

So, the GOT series evolved, meaning Gregs Obscure Types. I wrote the majority of these topics, and I mark every headline of one by GOT:, showing a particular topic belonging to this series. I intend to continue this in the future, although meanwhile I have a lot of other burdens and the frequency of issuing is sorrily very low.

Still I mean a GOT topic should not be just informative like a Wikipedia article, but it should tell a narrative story about the development of an "outsider" aircraft type. You also will never find performance data in a GOT topic I have written. These you can get from somewhere else. GOT topics are not for the general public, but exlusively for aircraft enthusiasts who show enough interest for the themes to spend some of their precious time at warbirdsforum.com.

Regards, RT

• Paolo Tagliaferri likes this

#3 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 16 Years, 4 Months
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the explanation RT!

By the way - this is also mentioned in the sub-forum description that is visible at the top of the page here http://www.warbirdsf...0-world-war-ii/  - probably not that much visible!!!

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#4 Armand

Armand

About the same age as another old Fokker: The F-27

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 6 Days
  • 113 topics
  • LocationAbout 20 nm east of BLL

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the explanation RT!

By the way - this is also mentioned in the sub-forum description that is visible at the top of the page ............ - probably not that much visible!!!

And maybee it is - I have to admit that I have come past there in the meantime, after having reacted on the term elsewhere!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users