• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Farnborough International Airshow 2014

Farnborough Airshow 2014 Aviation International

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 16 Years, 2 Months and 28 Days
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

is anyone planning to go to the Farnborough International Airshow 2014 ? Personally I have never been to a civilian aviation airshow so I am sure it is going to be an interesting experience?

Cheers,

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#2 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Just a couple of weeks now to the event. Some data from the official site

Airshow Organisers, Farnborough International Ltd today confirmed a record number of requests to exhibit aircraft at the Farnborough International Airshow in both the static aircraft park and the flying display including more large bodied aircraft than in recent years. To date over 70 aircraft are confirmed as part of the static line-up and a further 23 for the flying display.

The show will also feature a number of Farnborough firsts this year across the seven days including the F-35 Lightning and Textron Airland Scorpion through to classics such as the ME262 and Spanish Navy’s Sea Harrier which will be flying here for the first time.

The theme for the public airshow this year is 100 years of aviation and will feature aircraft from every decade of the past century.  The public weekend will also commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the first world war with a display by the Great War Display team.

In line with the Company’s strategy to advance the public weekend, FIL has secured more flying and static display aircraft than ever before appearing for the public. A highlight of the new look public area this year will be a ‘training zone’ with military training aircraft on show from the past century.

Another new feature of the static display will be the vintage aircraft collection tent, where we will have examples of aircraft from the dawn of aviation up to and including the first world war such as the Sopwith Camel, Wright Flyer and Bleriot XI.

For Futures Day a highlight will be a flying display from 2 aircraft completed as part of the Boeing-Royal Aeronautical Society Schools Build a Plane programme.

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#3 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

A warm hello from the Breitling Wingwalkers team

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#4 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

10495111_712370642144005_526259560818727

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 4 Months and 26 Days
  • 18 topics
  • LocationTyne and Wear, United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:18 AM

Nice photo's Paolo, like the one of the Two seater Spitfire, I was at Duxford IWM in 2014 and I saw the twin seater in a display hanger next to other air-worthy Spits,it was nice to see them together.As for the Breitling Wing Walkers, which are awesome , they were at the Sunderland International Airshow 2014. They put on a fantastic display.
Thankyou for the photo's brings back some good memories,take care.
Regards Keith ...

#6 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

I've been in Duxford in 2012 and 2013 (see the links for more pictures) - definitely worth it!

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#7 [email protected]

[email protected]

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 4 Months and 26 Days
  • 18 topics
  • LocationTyne and Wear, United Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hi Paolo ,I'm going down to Duxford in a few weeks ,really looking forward to it, taking my son he loves the place.many thanks for sharing the photo's said it before ,I'll say it again absolutely fantastic .cheers
Keith...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Farnborough, Airshow, 2014, Aviation, International

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users