• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

'Performance' sub-forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky

Ricky

• Moderators
  • 2,988 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 9 Months and 21 Days
  • 138 topics

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have all the various 'Performance' topics in a seperate sub-forum, like we have the GOT topics.

#2 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 22 Days
  • 187 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hi Ricky,

When I first joined GregP and I did a little discussion on this very topic. I am supplying the aircraft performance information taken from military and manufacture test trials and Greg is taking that information and setting it up in a standardized form for comparison purposes. It has been a while since I have heard anything from him.

The whole idea was to gather as much official information as possible on each WW2 fighter aircraft and put that information into a special World War Two Aircraft Performance section. I found that breaking the performance information into 1000 meter increments gave a fairly good indication of an aircraft's overall performance. My hopes are to follow up the "raw" numbers with information from pilots, engineers and knowlegeable historians on each aircraft.

To answer your original inquiry, yes, I think it would be an excellent idea for information of performance and abilities of the aircraft to be in a separate section. I have just recently stumbled on to new information (to me) linking some published technical information to the Russian performance graphs. I am working on studying the graphs more closely than I have ever done, combining the information to matching published figures and making the most comprehensive listing of the raw data possible.

So what I am trying to say is, I am not even half way through posting all the information I have put together over the years. I am very receptive to all ideas. I have a few days work left on the Russian graphs before I am ready to start updating my previous post. I am willing to take the "Performance threads" in any direction that is decided on.

Jeff

#3 Ricky

Ricky

• Moderators
  • 2,988 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 9 Months and 21 Days
  • 138 topics

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

I should point out that I think the Performance topics are excellent, and very worthwhile to have. :)

#4 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 16 Years, 4 Months and 17 Days
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi guys,

if you think this would be best to manage the performance topics going forward and have a separate subsection - I am happy to arrange  :)

Just say the word and I'll unleash hell  :D

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#5 Kutscha

Kutscha

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 11 Months and 10 Days
  • 118 topics

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yes a good idea.

#6 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 16 Years, 4 Months and 17 Days
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

I've created the sub Performance forum . Let me know if you are troubles using it (just to make sure I've set the right permissions)

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#7 CORSNING

CORSNING

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 22 Days
  • 187 topics
  • LocationClyde, Ohio, USA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thank you Paolo for setting the Performance threads apart. That will make them easier to find now that I am getting closer with the Russian graph updates and additions.

Ricky,
Thank you for your kind words sir. Comments like that in post #3 give me the drive to study documents closer. You are the best.

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users