• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

A chance to be a part of history

spitfire warbird brokenwings pozible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brokenwings

brokenwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 4 Years and 20 Days
  • 3 topics

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the Warbirds Forum, so good morning, and apart from having a passion for warbirds since I was a kid, I also have a passion for a project of ours that’s been with me for the past 13 years.

It’s called Broken Wings. It’s a documentary aimed at exploring the legend that Spitfire aircraft were buried in the ground near Oakey in Queensland, Australia. The documentary seeks out to prove one way or the other whether the stories are true – and with a bit of luck find at least one aircraft.

As of Tuesday this week, we listed our documentary film project on Pozible, a crowdfunding website similar to Kickstarter but with more of an Australian bent to it. Through pledges, we’re aiming to raise the funds we need to prove one way or the other whether 13 years of hard work and persistence has been worth it and complete the documentary.

Hopefully by this stage you’re intrigued enough to want to find out what it’s all about. Well our Pozible video explains everything. You’ll find it at:

pozible.com/brokenwings

Even more detail about our project can be found on our website at:

brokenwings.com.au

You’ll also find the project on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at:

facebook.com/pages/Broken-Wings/650246965000169

instagram.com/spitfiresearch/

twitter.com/spitfiresearch

I’m not asking for your money (well you can pledge if you’d like to). What we’d really like you to do is spread the word far and wide via your social channels and let people know about Broken Wings on Pozible. Pozible also features social links on our project page to make sharing easier and they accept pledges from Australia and overseas, so it doesn’t matter who you pass the details on to.

We know there are many people out there who scoff at stories such as ours. But please, before you dismiss our project can I ask you to check out our Pozible page and at least see what we’re doing. You never know, you might find it holds some interest to you.

Thank you,

James.

#2 Ricky

Ricky

• Moderators
  • 2,982 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 8 Months and 4 Days
  • 138 topics

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

It does hold interest - thanks for sharing, and I wish you good luck in your search :)

#3 brokenwings

brokenwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 4 Years and 20 Days
  • 3 topics

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thank you Ricky, we appreciate your positive feedback and hope other enthusiasts share your enthusiasm. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spitfire, warbird, brokenwings, pozible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users