• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

HBO developing miniseries on 8th Air Force

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Warbirds Forum Blog

Warbirds Forum Blog

Warbirds Forum Blog

• Automatons
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 12 Days
  • 7 topics

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

HBO, which already produced famous series such as Band of Brothers and The Pacific will begin filming a new series about the 8th Air Force and the strategic bombing campaign in Europe during World War Two. The production will begin the filming on October, whereas it is not expected for it to be ready until 2015. The series will be filmed in Europe (UK and Germany) and in the US. It is reported that the budget will be close to 500 million dollars, making it one of the most expensive series ever made!

I have enjoyed Band of Brothers, although I did not have a chance to see The Pacific yet. I think it's a good idea to remember the historic facts of more than 50 years ago with TV series that can be easily watched even by those that are not already interested with the history facts of World War Two. The 8th Air Force was one of the biggest armadas ever assembled in history and took significant casualties during the bombing campaign of Germany- such as during the famous Schweinfurt raid August 17 1943) where an important ball-bearing manufacturing centre was located, and where significant losses were sustained by the USAAF.

Watch a video about the series

Source : http://www.hollywood...niseries-413632

Read the full story on Warbirds Forum Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users