• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

UK 2013 Airshow season - Duxford Spring Airshow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Warbirds Forum Blog

Warbirds Forum Blog

Warbirds Forum Blog

• Automatons
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 19 Days
  • 7 topics

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

As spring and summer approaches (although so far it has definitely been not the best year for weather in the United Kingdom), there are a lot of upcoming opportunities for the aviation enthusiast and enjoy a nice day out watching the warbirds. One of the next appointments to not miss is the Spring Airshow in Duxford (Sunday 26 May 2013) (location)

Being the 70th anniversary of  the USAAF deployment in United Kingdom during the World War Two (1943), the airshow will have a focus on US airplanes. You can also visit the museum which has a very interesting display.

Duxford Air Show - Republic P-47D Thunderbolt

(See above: A P47D picture that I took at the Duxford Air Show in September 2012)

Following an excerpt of the Airshow description from the official IWM Duxford Website:
Remembering the Mighty Eighth

Starting the air show season in spectacular style, the Spring Air Show brings together contemporary and historic aircraft for a fabulous day of flying.

This year, the Spring Air Show commemorates the 70th anniversary of the United States Army Air Force arriving at RAF Duxford in April 1943. We’ll look at the impact of the American Forces on the course of the Second World War in Europe and their cultural influence on the East Anglian community.

Historic US warbirds will take to the skies as we remember the time when the stars and stripes flew at RAF Duxford.

Are you planning to visit Duxford this year?

Read the full story here

#2 noni

noni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 16 Days
  • 0 topics

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

it's so great. i have never went to here.now I have an impulse must go once to see for themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users