• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

UPDATE JUNE 2012- Forum Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simon

simon

Veteran

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Joined 14 Years, 8 Months and 17 Days
  • 38 topics

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:24 PM

Broadly, we have a pretty good forum here, and these guidelines are just here to try to keep it that way.

1) Try to keep your posts relevant. The Forum is about WW2 Aviation. Having said that exceptions will be permitted providing they are a related subject and can be justified. If you feel that there is a discussion outside of the strict remit of this forum either e-mail me personally or post your reasons on the Forum.

In any case threads that are racist, sexist or deliberately offensive will always be deleted.

2) Do not post deliberately inflamatory threads. There is a difference between starting a controversial thread in order to encourage debate and starting an argument that you know will turn nasty.

3) Keep it Civil. Not everyone is going to agree all the time. But if you do find yourself at an impass where you cannot agree with one another it is always best to just agree to disagree.

4) Post in English Please! This is for practical considerations, firstly as an international forum most people have a good grasp of English (And many write better than native speakers!), so every member can understand every other member. Secondly, my grasp of other languages is very limited, I cannot moderate what I do not understand, so in future none-English language posts will be deleted. Sorry, but as I cannot tell what the posts contain in order to keep the forum free of Spam and Offensive posts I have no option but to remove them.

That's it really. If I have to delete anything, and unless a post or thread is racist, sexist or generally offensive I will usually lock it first for at least 24 hours and give reasons why it is to be deleted so that the poster has a chance to read my reasons.

There's no "The Moderator's say is final". If you feel I have taken something the wrong way, or have been unfair please either e-mail me, or post a message and any decision can be reconsidered as necessary.

Best Regards,

Simon.

#2 Trexx

Trexx

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Joined 12 Years
  • 62 topics

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:16 AM

quote:Originally posted by simon

Broadly, we have a pretty good forum here, and these guidelines are just here to try to keep it that way.

1) Try to keep your posts relevant. The Forum is about WW2 Aviation. Having said that exceptions will be permitted providing they are a related subject and can be justified. If you feel that there is a discussion outside of the strict remit of this forum either e-mail me personally or post your reasons on the Forum.

In any case threads that are racist, sexist or deliberately offensive will always be deleted.

2) Do not post deliberately inflamatory threads. There is a difference between starting a controversial thread in order to encourage debate and starting an argument that you know will turn nasty.

3) Keep it Civil. Not everyone is going to agree all the time. But if you do find yourself at an impass where you cannot agree with one another it is always best to just agree to disagree.

4) Post in English Please! This is for practical considerations, firstly as an international forum most people have a good grasp of English (And many write better than native speakers!), so every member can understand every other member. Secondly, my grasp of other languages is very limited, I cannot moderate what I do not understand, so in future none-English language posts will be deleted. Sorry, but as I cannot tell what the posts contain in order to keep the forum free of Spam and Offensive posts I have no option but to remove them.

That's it really. If I have to delete anything, and unless a post or thread is racist, sexist or generally offensive I will usually lock it first for at least 24 hours and give reasons why it is to be deleted so that the poster has a chance to read my reasons.

There's no "The Moderator's say is final". If you feel I have taken something the wrong way, or have been unfair please either e-mail me, or post a message and any decision can be reconsidered as necessary.

Best Regards,

Simon.

#3 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 15 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Just to reiterate on the guidelines. There have been complaints lately for inappropriate language use, insults, threads going off topic or people claiming facts and lacking any supporting evidence or data. I'll say it just once cause we are all grown up:

• No insults: that's it, you insult you get a warning, you do it again you get another one, the third time you account is banned
  • Support your theories with data: there is no point in claiming facts if there isn't any evidence.
  • Don't go off topic: if you are going off topic, you are doing it wrong. If the off topic is interesting, consider searching for a recent post about the same topic or open a new one. If the topic is totally unrelated, consider posting it to "The Bar" or not posting it at all.

Many thanks to everyone and keep these boards enjoyable!

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users