• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Drawings and Sketches

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#21 Notta Brit

Notta Brit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 2 Months and 22 Days
  • 4 topics

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:45 AM

Can you do an Me-410 Greg?:)

#22 GregP

GregP

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 9 Months and 25 Days
  • 222 topics

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:15 AM

The Ki-46 IS a Mitsubishi (is that stupid or what?), and I'll do an Me-410 in a couple of weeks. I'm moving right now and will be pretty busy for a short, intense while. Doing these was just fun ... but the fun wears off after 20+ aircraft. Also, these are saved at 100 pixels per inch. They look MUCH better in CAD with no pixel count to worry about.

I'll do the 410 and try to put a decently realistic camo scheme on it.

I have about 20 half-complted drawings of various sorts on the hard disk, and they have been languishing almost solely due to moving and helping my brother-in-law through a statistics course instead of wasting time drawing airplanes ... Airplanes are MUCH more fun than statistics, but I'm an engineer and good at statstics. That doomed me from the start.

No way to say "No" gracefully ... The course is now over, thankfully. So ... just moving to complete. Then, back to drawing a few planes. Maybe some obscure planes or some more modern planes.

Just please don't ask for WWI stuff. I have no interest in WWI aircraft except maybe the Fokker D.VII. Too much like flying junkpiles except for the Christmas Bullet. It was just a junkpile that couldn't fly at all. The Barling was a close second to the Bullet ... and was WAY uglier.

#23 Notta Brit

Notta Brit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 2 Months and 22 Days
  • 4 topics

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

OK thanks. Admin, can you post the page with the later drawings on it? D'ya know who's winning the election thing?

#24 B-24WillowRun

B-24WillowRun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 2 Months and 8 Days
  • 2 topics

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:48 AM

GregP, nice stuff. i would say the WWI aircraft are not ugly as they were just able to fly for the most part, but some were nice. Any chance you have files on a P-38 or P-61? I know it would be a big long shot for a Halifax or Liberator Mk IV [:P]

#25 Paolo Tagliaferri

Paolo Tagliaferri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 15 Years, 11 Months and 1 Day
  • 142 topics
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

Added the 3rd page with amigojeff 's sketches!
  • Caudron 714
  • Chinese CR-32
  • Chinese Hawk 75
  • I-16
  • Macchi C200S
  • SM-79 "Sparviero"
  • Re.2001
  • Mc.202
Thanks to amigojeff!!! :D

Paolo Tagliaferri

Board Administrator

#26 i16stealth

i16stealth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 6 Months and 2 Days
  • 24 topics

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:31 PM

quote:Originally posted by Admin

• Caudron 714
  • Chinese CR-32
  • Chinese Hawk 75
  • I-16
  • Macchi C200S
  • SM-79 "Sparviero"
  • Re.2001
  • Mc.202

Thanks for the "Ishak"! :)

#27 cpm

cpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 11 Months and 1 Day
  • 0 topics

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:10 AM

Great work. Any chance of some more French fighters of WWII and also the He-162, the Beaufighter and the Shiden?

quote:Originally posted by GregP

The Ki-46 IS a Mitsubishi (is that stupid or what?), and I'll do an Me-410 in a couple of weeks. I'm moving right now and will be pretty busy for a short, intense while. Doing these was just fun ... but the fun wears off after 20+ aircraft. Also, these are saved at 100 pixels per inch. They look MUCH better in CAD with no pixel count to worry about.

I'll do the 410 and try to put a decently realistic camo scheme on it.

I have about 20 half-complted drawings of various sorts on the hard disk, and they have been languishing almost solely due to moving and helping my brother-in-law through a statistics course instead of wasting time drawing airplanes ... Airplanes are MUCH more fun than statistics, but I'm an engineer and good at statstics. That doomed me from the start.

No way to say "No" gracefully ... The course is now over, thankfully. So ... just moving to complete. Then, back to drawing a few planes. Maybe some obscure planes or some more modern planes.

Just please don't ask for WWI stuff. I have no interest in WWI aircraft except maybe the Fokker D.VII. Too much like flying junkpiles except for the Christmas Bullet. It was just a junkpile that couldn't fly at all. The Barling was a close second to the Bullet ... and was WAY uglier.

#28 vinch

vinch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 8 Months
  • 0 topics

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

quote:Originally posted by Admin

• Caudron 714
  • Chinese CR-32
  • Chinese Hawk 75
  • I-16
  • Macchi C200S
  • SM-79 "Sparviero"
  • Re.2001
  • Mc.202

Hello,
where can i find those sketches?
thx

#29 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 7 Months and 19 Days
  • 289 topics

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

Hello Vinch,

Go to page one of this topic. The Forum Administrator installed a [u]click here</u> link in his first post. Do that. You receive 3 pages of drawings.

Regards,
Romantic Technofreak

#30 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 7 Months and 19 Days
  • 289 topics

Posted 24 November 2004 - 04:05 AM

Dear Friends,

I would like to share with you this nice Japanese site

http://www.warbirds....y/airpre01.html

that shows a multitude of small images of the most frequent and weirdest WWII types, together with older and modern ones. Somewhere they write they are free to use (but beware of using the An-225 as personal picture:D)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users