• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Airplane debris- what is it?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RNL

RNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 23 Days
  • 4 topics

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Hi!

I live in Poland, in the nearby of Poznan in western part of the country. Some time ago, walking the dog in the forest, I found lots of metallic parts lying around the trees. At the first glance, I recognized parts of the airplane, but the type of the machine has been a mistery for me since than.
First, I was sure, that I am dealing with He111 meteo version, shot down by Lt. Giedymin in the early days of the WWII, but this plane hit the ground around 6km west from the location of the debris I found.
Right now, I have no idea if the plane was German or Russian, or maybe post-war, as the area was formerly a military exercice field.
Help me please...

Bunch of pictures:

clocks...

Posted Image

Posted Image

unknown parts

Posted Image

Posted Image

Facebook Comments

#2 GregP

GregP

Forum Guru

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • Joined 11 Years and 29 Days
  • 196 topics

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

Hi RNL, and welcome to the forum.

From the pictures, I cannot tell either, but maybe you can find some more recognizable pieces in the future. Good luck!

#3 RNL

RNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 4 topics

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Unfortunately due to the pics uploading limits I had to remove some pictures from the first post.
Let's take a look again, please

the only inscription I found...

Posted Image

parts of the canopy?

Posted Image

Posted Image

the bullet hole?

Posted Image

#4 RNL

RNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 4 topics

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

few more:

rather not a machine gun ;)

Posted Image

parts of cockpit?

Posted Image

parts of the engine?
Posted Image

Part of the rear gunner windscreen?

Posted Image[/IMG]

#5 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 23 Days
  • 255 topics

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

Hi RNL,

I shall transfer this to luftwaffe-bullet-board.com (but not before this evening). It may take some time for an answer.

Regards, RT

#6 Tapuck

Tapuck

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 7 Days
  • 1 topics

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

WOW! That certainly makes a trek through the woods more interesting.

#7 Romantic Technofreak

Romantic Technofreak

GOT Custodian

• Forum Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 23 Days
  • 255 topics

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi RNL,

I got no good answers. Most guess it is a Soviet plane. The third-last picture (the part which forms a triangle) may be an instrument panel. The use of the letter "Z" (imprinted "1KZ" in the first picture) does not necessarily indicate A German plane, the Russians used it too, although it does not belong to the Cyrillian alphabet.

Regards, RT

#8 RNL

RNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 4 topics

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi RNL,

I got no good answers. Most guess it is a Soviet plane. The third-last picture (the part which forms a triangle) may be an instrument panel. The use of the letter "Z" (imprinted "1KZ" in the first picture) does not necessarily indicate A German plane, the Russians used it too, although it does not belong to the Cyrillian alphabet.

Regards, RT

To be honest, I think it's Russian, too. I am not even convinced if the letter "Z" shouldn't be read rather as "7" and, as far as I know Russian alphabet (and learning of Russian used to be obligatory in Poland) this "K" looks pretty much as Cyrillian letter. Still, there are no signs of any other warbird shot down in the area, despite of the He111.
I was thinking, about such a possibility, that those debris were brought once, by a flood, as they are located near the river bank (50-100m away), and there was a plane crash in late 40-ties around 15km away, at the bank of the same river, and it was the Pe-2, that crashed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com